LBB Readers, we have just completed work on a tool that answers the timeless question of, âWhat is a link from my website worth?â Our new Text Link Ads Calculator can help answer that question for webmasters. For potential link buyers out there, this tool can help you gauge what you might want to pay out in todayâs marketplace.
Our calculator factors in:
- Traffic of your website â the lower the Alexa ranking, the higher the price.
- Link popularity of your website â the more links (and more quality links), the higher the price.
- Theme of your website – there is more demand for some themes than others.
- Number of links to be sold â the fewer the number of links on a page, the higher the price.
- Sitewide or single page placement â âsitewideâ vs. on a single page of your website (slightly more value given to links that appear sitewide).
- Location on the page – more value when the links are placed in an area where they have the best chance of being clicked.
Please note a few things:
- The price given by the calculator will not always directly correspond to prices in Text Link Adsâ inventory.
- The tool is by no means exact, but is meant only to give a âballpark figureâ for link prices. There is wide variation in link pricing, and some of the automated factors in the pricing equation (such as Alexa) will always be imprecise.
- The calculator values sitewide links higher than single page links, but that doesnât mean we generally recommend sitewide links. Sometimes the âmarketplaceâ doesnât mirror the true relative value of different types of links, as some buyers are still using outdated metrics in their valuations.
We are hoping this tool will give you an estimate of market prices of static html links and may help you improve the earning potential of your website (or if youâre a buyer, it may allow you to find some bargains to purchase links in your niche). Our Text Link Ads Calculator can be found here. Please let us know what you think!158 Comments