If you ever ask me what my favorite link building method is, you may be surprised to learn that it’s article syndication. It’s worked for me before, and it’s worked for many of my clients, as well.
To recap my older post on the advantages of this link building method, by syndicating articles you get:
1) Free, permanent links from many domains and IPs
2) Links from pages with your keywords contained in the content (and sometimes in the title, too)
3) Deep links (from your resource box)
4) Keyword rich links (from your resource box)
and to that I could add a few more advantages:
5) Direct, targeted traffic (someone who reads an article related to your site’s content and clicks over usually converts at a much higher rate than the average visitor)
6) Few other outbound links on the page (meaning search engines won’t devalue the page as a "links page")
7) Your backlinks won’t look "spammy" to an SE rep or competitor
The best places to syndicate articles are topically-related sites which accept submissions. Many times however your niche is so small that such sites do not exist, and at that point you have to turn to general article sites to get the article reprinted.
There are a lot of them out there, but my favorite one is EzineArticles.com. A couple of reasons why:
- The EzineArticles.com webmaster makes quality a priority – AFAIK he’s rejecting more articles than he accepts. Provided you write quality articles, this is a very good thing, since it means that EzineArticles.com will get more users and links in the long term.
- The site has been around for a while – links from older sites pack a more powerful punch. Plus I know it will probably still be around in two years (long term links = good).
- Pages on EzineArticles.com often rank in the Google SERPs. This is an indication that the site has high TrustRank and overall "juice". (Trusted links = AWESOME, hard to get). Plus, this means the pages there get more traffic–and send you more traffic.
If you have a site that’s struggling to get new links, or if you want to "seed" a site with one good link, take an hour or two to write an article and submit it there (try to get your keyword phrase in the title). It won’t be time wasted.
For the record: this is not a paid advertisement by EzineArticles.com. I don’t know the person that runs that site. I’m just endorsing it because I like it.75 Comments